My Blog List

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Internship

A few months ago, I thought that I would apply for internship once I start my MBA at INSEAD, maybe towards the end of P1 (period 1 or between Jan and March for the Dec class). Buuuut, no. Earlier this week, I, along with future fellow INSEADers who may be interested in a career in finance, have received an e-mail informing us that applications to i-banking in Asia are due in Nov and early Dec. So it looks like I will be sending off a few applications for summer internship before schools even begin. Crazy right? To help us prepare for our career transformation, INSEAD career services will be hosting a chat for us to ask any questions. Additionally, before school begins, we are encouraged to think deep about our strengths, career aspirations and personal motivations. These questions are not foreign to me. After all, I've successfully answered why MBA, why INSEAD and why now in my application. But now, I must get real and really look deep into myself. It looks like I wouldn't be able to take that much of a break in Nov either. Maybe I will finally have some free time in December for some very needed R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment