My Blog List

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Preparation for Paris - Part A - plane tickets

Going to INSEAD is becoming more of a reality. I am finally beginning to research and price my plane ticket. Normally this should be a very simple task since I already know where I am flying from and where I will be flying to. But the fact that I have NO idea where I will end up after the first 2 periods makes this planning very challenging. Let me explain.

INSEAD differs from other leading MBA programs in that it offers the same curriculum to its students on two campuses, one in France and the other in Singapore. When you apply to INSEAD, you select which campus you wish to begin your studies at. In my case, I selected France. INSEAD requires that you spend the first two periods (out of a total of 5 periods) at your home campus, in my case in Fonty. Then after the second period, I can choose to exchange to Singapore. In addition to this, INSEAD also has exchange agreement with Wharton and Kellogg. So yes, I could potentially end up spending two periods in Fonty, two periods in Singapore and one period at either Wharton or Kellogg. Now you understand why I am having such a tough time deciding the return date on my itinerary. I am not complaining though because the opportunity to study on three continents next year is one of the main reasons why I choose INSEAD.

And to those of you who remain undecided about when and where to go on exchanges next year, I have one simple solution - buy a one way ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment