My Blog List

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Whirlwind

Oh, where do I begin? The past four months have flown by so quickly. In May, I was devastated to find out that I was wait-listed by INSEAD, my no. 1 business school. Fortunately or unfortunately, I also suffered some health issues that kept me distracted. Then in July, I found out that I was accepted by INSEAD to start in Jan 2011. Wow! I didn't even have time to celebrate because I had to begin working on my scholarships essays and arranging for finances. Now that scholarship essays are done, I finally feel like I have some time to breath and really plan for next year. So far, I've done a lot already in preparation for next year: I've found a place to live, purchased an quad band cell phone and almost finalized my finances for next year. It's one thing to think about taking on USD100K+ in debt but it's quite the other to have to commit to that kind of debt. Although I know that an INSEAD MBA is one of the best investments at this point, I'm still feeling uneasy to pile on the debt. I hope it will all pay off in the end.

So what's on my to do list? I need to get ready for my exit language test. I've scheduled it in the middle of December. Hopefully I will pass on my first attempt. Then I will focus on doing some pre-MBA reading. It's really weird for me to say this since I've never been a very dedicated student, but I am actually excited to read about finance, accounting and microeconomics. Who would have thought that I would admit to this?

In my next posts, I'll share some of my experiences with the admission process and hopefully I can help others survive the grueling process.

No comments:

Post a Comment